Friday, August 12, 2016

Two Years Later

Its been two years since Jesus took over.  Two years since He changed me from the inside out.  I am so overwhelmed by how He did it two summers ago and how so messed up I was before he changed me.

If you are not familiar with The Refinement Process I encourage you to read the very first blog which I wrote exactly two years ago today!

http://therefinementprocess.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-refinement-process.html

I won't go into what all happened then as the very first blog really explains clearly.  I am going to tell you how Jesus is working in my life two years later.

My life is COMPLETELY different because of Jesus and all the refining He has done for my heart and mind.  I am a changed woman in many senses.  I am amazed at how He won't give up on me and how He gives me so much strength to withstand my temptations.  Only God. Its only because of Him.

There have been many temptations during the last two years of this process.  I have been able to overcome so many and there are a few that I haven't. I have been very honest on this blog in many of my post on how I have both had success and big fat failures during this refining process.

Jesus, when He changed me, told me through the Holy Spirit to stop watching shows and movies that were not good for me (again read my first blog to understand). There have been countless books I feel Jesus literally saying 'nope don't even think about it, don't read it, don't touch it, RUN!  He has been so PROTECTIVE of me its really emotionally overwhelming how much He has shielded me from myself. 


There are certain story lines that are red flags for me and He has made it rather easy to just not partake in any of them.  There are definitely shows, movies, and books I want to partake in but I don't.  Not because I am strong and able. I'm not. I'm weak. Its HIM. Its Jesus.


He answered me, “I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor. My power works best in weak people.” I am happy to be weak and have troubles so I can have Christ’s power in me. I receive joy when I am weak. I receive joy when people talk against me and make it hard for me and try to hurt me and make trouble for me. I receive joy when all these things come to me because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Cor. 12:9-10 (NLT)

Its because of Christ.  

I finish all my blog post with 'because of Christ'.  Its not to sound cool or wrap up the blog with a pretty, neat bow.  Its because without Him changing my heart and mind I wouldn't be refined. I would still be all messed up on how the world views love, sex, and relationships.  

There have been books, shows, and movies that I have wanted to be apart of.   I can't even find words to pray to help me with the temptations but He just takes over.  Like for real. I will be so close to reading that book, or watching that steamy show and HE  just stops me.  He does it with such tenderness and He just has it. 


He has rescued me so much the last two years and it just overwhelms me how much He loves me.  He is so personal.

He is more than just a Rescue
That's where it starts, not where it ends
let freedom in
More than just a story
In the sky, wearing white, He's alive
In every moment
and now that I know this love

I can throw my hands up 
worries down
I remember when He showed me how



He made me alive.  He made me worthy. He made me Holy.  He made me Righteous.  When I put my faith in Christ as my Savior He saved me from this world, from Hell, and from a life with such shallow ambitions. 

Once I was lost but now I'm found
No strings attached when He saved my soul
I want to know the God I know 


I came alive when I let go


He is so worth believing in.  He is more real to me them my temptations. He is so worthy of my obedience.

I love Him.

He saved me.

I hope you one day will feel the love and peace I have felt the last two years with this amazing, miracle-filled process. 


I am a free woman in Christ.  When God sees me he doesn't see my past or my current sins, He sees Jesus and His blood covering me.  I am covered.  I am so thankful.

Jesus is so real and so powerful and I am writing this and sharing this because He is so worth talking about.  He is so beyond what you can even fathom.

I hope I never stop this process.

To always throw my hands up to my beloved Savior.

He is the Saving One.

Because of Christ,

Emily Rickey  


(song I have quoted in this blog is 'The God I Know' I feel it was written for me and this process)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUT7eBkqMR4

No comments:

Post a Comment